The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) has sent invitations to students wishing to be re-admitted after being excluded on the basis of poor performance in qualification.
Re-registering students can register for the academic year during the relevant registration period.
How to Apply for CPUT Online Registration 2022
At CPUT, you can register for Undergraduate qualifications, Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas, Master’s & doctoral degrees, and Short Learning Programmes.
CPUT’s online registration process is quick and simple. Follow these steps to ensure that your registration is submitted successfully.
Go to the CPUT SPS registration Portal – https://www.cput.ac.za/students/about/sos
Student Online Services (SOS) gives you access to your student data – anytime and from anywhere You can:
- Register online
- Check the subjects that you are registered for
- Print proof of registration
- View your progress marks
- Change your contact information
- Check and pay your fees online.
Create PIN on the SOS portal if you have already requested a PIN for the Student Online Services system, you can retrieve your PIN by filling a pin form.
This form only works with:
- A valid student number, and
- A valid ID / Passport number, and
- A valid First & Last Name you filled in on your initial application form.
- If you have multiple names, please only use the first name.
All fields MUST be filled in correctly!
Login to SOS Portal – https://alecto.cput.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login
With your Student Number and Pin, you can log in to the SOS portal to proceed with registration.
IMPORTANT – International Registration
Please download the International Pre-registration checklist below, complete and submit it to the contact persons as indicated in the registration booklet prior to commencement of registrations.
➡ Requests for study visa renewal, please click here for the detailed procedure to follow.
Registrations will be conducted off-campus only.
You can register online from the comfort of your own home, or wherever you have Internet access by using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Specifications for your computer: Internet Explorer 7 or higher, with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher. No other browsers are certified for online registration at CPUT.
Online assistance capacity has been increased for all online registration processes, therefore, students who wish to receive off-campus assistance can contact the Call Centre on;
- Tel.: 086 123 2788 / 021 959 6767 or
- Visit link https://www.cput.ac.za/students/about/registration-contact-information.
CPUT Registration Booklet / Forms are also available for pdf downloads.
- Download CPUT Registration Booklet pdf.
- Download the relevant Subject Choice Form for your qualification.
- Download the International Pre-registration checklist pdf.
Be patient while CPUT processes your registration. If you see that your registration will not be processed by the closing date for registrations, please visit your nearest CPUT Online Assistance.