DUT Student Accommodation – Questions and Answer

“DUT student accommodation tender, DUT residence names, DUT residence in Pietermaritzburg, sterling house DUT res address, Essenwood DUT res, communes near DUT, DUT Baltimore residence Durban, residence application notification, DUT midlands student housing contact details, DUT student accommodation tender, DUT Winterton residence, Orap DUT residence, www.dut.ac.za student portal, DUT contact details.”

Hostel Application

How Do I Apply for Student Residence at DUT?

Via SMS or online system. New students will receive forms via the Admissions department which accompanies the offer or by requesting it from the Department.

Who Qualifies for Student Residence?

Students residing outside a 50 km radius of the eThekwini Municipality. Full Time academically registered with 3 or more Subjects.

When And Where Do I Apply and Register for Student Residence?

You can apply online at computer labs in October the previous year or via SMS.

What Documents Do I Need to Bring When Applying for Student Residence?

A letter of acceptance from the department together with any proof of residence and your ID.

How Much Will I Pay While Staying at Student Residence and How Can I Pay?

Residence fees vary at different residences. An initial deposit is payable and students have to pay for their first semester fees by 30 June of that year.

Can I Choose the Student Residence I Prefer to Stay In?

Choices are made but due to limited space, we are unable to adhere to every request.

I Have Changed My Mind About Living at Student Residence and Have Already Made a Payment to The University. Will I Get a Refund and Will I Be Penalized?

There is a deadline date for first-time applicants to inform us and a full refund will be given. Students who have taken occupation will be given a refund once we have found a replacement.

Where Do I Apply and Register for Student Residence?

Online at computer labs via SMS. Registration for residence is done at the Fred Crookes Sports Centre.

Will There Be Certain Times of The Year when I Need to Vacate My Room and Student Residence?

Yes. During the June/July vacations and December/January vacations.

What Are the Contact Details for DUT Student Housing?

Gate no 5, Steve Biko Road.

Tel: 031 373 2492/4/2185/2217

Check Also

Central Johannesburg TVET College

How to Apply Central Johannesburg TVET College Hostel – Central Johannesburg TVET College Student Residence

The Central Johannesburg TVET College Residence Applications form for 2024/2025 academic session is now available. …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *