What Is the SRD Grant, and Who Is the SASSA Grant For?
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) popularly known as The South Africa Social Security Agency, SASSA Grant is meant for South African Citizens, Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders who are between the ages of 18 and 60 years, who have insufficient means, who do not receive social grants on behalf of herself/ himself or who are not contributing to or eligible for UIF payment and have no financial support from any other source.
What Do I Need to Do to Apply to SRD Grand?
SRD Grant Requirments
Applicants or their proxy will need to confirm or provide the below information to enable SASSA to consider their application
- Confirmation that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents
- Personal Details
- Mobile Number (cell phone number)
- Employment Information and Lifestyle Sustainability Information
- Banking Information
How to Apply for SRD Grant
To apply for SASSA Grant successfully, the information below is quite helpful.
All information will be provided electronically and there is no need to upload any documentation.
- STEP 1: Navigate to the application page via; srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/application/auth
- STEP 2: Enter an active mobile number where SASSA can reach out to provide you with feedback on the status of your application.
- STEP 3: Should your application be declined, you will have the right to appeal the SASSA decision by lodging an appeal with the Department of Social Development for each month your application was declined.
- The process to lodge an appeal will be provided with the notification that your application has been declined.
- Failure to request an appeal for each month that the application is declined will result in the original decision being sustained.
For more information concerning this post, contact SASSA through the provided media below.
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
You only have to apply once via this website or the above WhatsApp number and not many times on every channel.
SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.