Are Nsfas Applications open for 2021? NSFAS applications for student funding for the 2021 academic year are opened from 1 September to 30 November 2020. It is always good to submit your application earlier than the deadline.
How to Apply to NSFAS
Remember that rushing into anything is no advisable. therefore, you’ll need about 50 minutes of your quality time.
How do I Apply to NSFAS?
First, you’ll need to visit the NSFAS website and register to make an account. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to fill out the online application form – www.nsfas.org.za
Upload certified scanned copies of the following documents:
- Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Matric Certificate
- Latest Academic Results
- Proof of parents’ income (if they are employed)
- Death Certificate/s (if parents are dead)
- Doctor’s Certificate (if permanently disabled)
For a list of all documents that may be required see – http://www.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Register at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET Colleges.
- Come from a family with an income of below R350 000 per annum (combined).
- Students with disabilities and students who are beneficiaries of social grants automatically qualify for NSFAS funding.
- Students wanting to study towards postgraduate qualifications do not qualify for NSFAS funding – you are encouraged to seek funding from the National Skill Fund and the National Research Foundation.
- Your South African ID or unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of your parents/guardians and everyone else living with you
- Parent’s letter of employment (not older than 3 months)
- Download and fully complete the consent forms
- Disability form if you have a disability
It’s important that all copies of documents are certified, and you can do this at your nearest police station. Just be sure to take the original documents along with your application copies.
TO APPLY ONLINE:
- Go to the NSFAS Website.
- Use your cell phone number and email address to register as a myNSFAS user on the website.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button to start filling in your online application – but remember that you first need to have all of your certified and scanned documents before you start your application.
TO APPLY AT AN NYDA OFFICE:
- Fetch a paper application form from the NYDA office.
- Use black ink to fill in your application form, and write in capital letters.
- Staple all of your certified documents to your application.
- Then hand your completed application to an assistant who will then give you an ‘acknowledgment of receipt’ card with a barcode that matches one that is put onto your application.