An email Account is a destination to which electronic mail messages are delivered, It’s mostly free except you want exstra features. An email address is a unique identifier for an email account.
Things to Consider Before and After Getting an Email Address
The whole point of creating an email address is for you to be reachable and people (business associate or loved ones) also to reach to you. the important things to consider before getting and email address are available below.
Choose an Email Provider
Most People ask, Which Email Provider should I Associate with? Which is the best email account provider? Well, all defer depending on what you want to use the email for.
If you want the email clients for business use, then you should look for the features like storage provided, maximum attachment size allowed, security options provided, archiving capabilities, and few other advanced features like task scheduling, and cost.
If you are looking for email service for personal use, then you should look for features like good spam blocking capabilities, virus protection, storage, and ease of use.
- Gmail is said to be the overall best email service.
- Outlook is good for multiple app integrations.
- Yahoo has good spam blocking capabilities.
- Zoho Mail is the best option for home businesses.
How Do I Create a Safe Email Address?
Setting up An Email Address:
- Use non-identifying information: Your email address shouldn’t be easily identified to avoid abuse and spams.
- Set Up an Unknown Password: Use a password no one else knows.
- Use two-step verification: With 2-Step Verification (also known as two-factor authentication), you add an extra layer of security to your account in case your password is stolen.
- Review security notifications: Check your email timely to avoid skipping security notification
- Use secure devices: Try not to log into your account on devices (mobile phones, tablets, computers) that is not yours, to avoid someone monitoring you.
- Always log out: Whenever you log into your email account, whether it is on your own device or on someone else’s (at the library, for example), always log or sign off.
- Don’t allow browser or mobile phone to remember your email account or passwords: Some email services (Gmail, in particular) have an option where the web browser will remember your account unless you tell it not to.
- Be cautious when giving out your email address: Since email addresses are what people use to contact you, avoid giving it out to spams.
How To Create an Email Account?
Having chosen the best email service for yourself, now its time to create an email account.
- Click on the Free Sign Up Button
- Enter all mandatory fields (First Name, Last Name, Gender, etc.)
- Type in your desired Email Address
- Choose a secure Password (at least 8 characters, mixing letters, numbers, lower and upper case, and using special characters)
- Verify your registration by typing the numbers in the captcha picture
- Accept terms and Conditions by clicking the “Accept” Button underneath
- Then afterwards, you can choose to make some manor settings.
- That’s it! You’re done.
- Enjoy your new email account immediately on any device of your choice!
What Should You Do Before You Send an Email?
When sending a professional email, there are a few things you should always do before hitting ‘send’.
- Proofread: Take a minute to reread what you wrote to make sure grammar, spelling and sentence structure all look good and make sense.
- Double-Check Who You’re Sending it to Always double-check that the email is going to the intended recipient.
- Make Your Subject Line Concise: Your subject line should summarize what your email is about while remaining short, sweet and to-the-point.
- Check Names: Just like proofreading for grammatical errors is important, you should also double-check that the recipient’s name is spelt correctly.
- Mind Your Manners: Follow up an email with a quick ‘thanks!’. Basic manners show you are a professional and an overall nice person.
- Be Aware of Length: If possible, keep your emails concise. Otherwise, a phone call might be your best bet.
- Make Sure All Documents are Attached: Save yourself and all recipients some time by double-checking that all the correct documents are attached.
What Do I Say at The End of An Email?
- Kind regards.
- Thank you.
- Warm wishes.
- With gratitude.
- Many thanks.