The Metro Police invite suitably qualified unemployed youth who meet the following requirements to apply for a post of Professional Metro Police Officer.
Metro Police Application Forms 2022: Duration / Programme Overview
12-month training that consists of:
|SA law||Overload control|
|Criminal law||Basic accident recording|
|Specific common law crimes||Completion of Section 56 & 341|
|Criminal Procedure Act||Dangerous goods|
|Law of evidence||Incident management|
|Constitutional law||Stop and approach of vehicles|
|Administrative powers||Practical survival skills|
|Powers derived from certain legislation||Basic first aid|
|Use of force||Drill manoeuvres|
|Interpretation of statues;||Physical fitness|
|Animal Protection Act||Physical Education|
|NRTA 29/1989 & 93/1996||Selected fire-arm skills|
|Systematic examination of vehicles||Dimensions and projections on vehicles|
Basic Requirement for Metro Police Officers
Before applying for a Tshwane Metro Police post, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a South African citizen
- Be between 18 to 35
- Have Matric/grade 12 certificate
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Possess good communication skills
- Be prepared to work under pressure
- Not have a tattoo
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be a resident of Tshwane
- No criminal record
NB: APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLY WHEN POSTS HAVE BEEN ADVERTISED.
After completing training there are different units that one can join, such as:
- Bicycle Unit
- By-law Unit
- Investigation Unit
- Communication Unit
- Dog Unit/K9
- Equestrian Unit
- Regional Policing Unit
- Freeway/Speed Unit
- Task team /Motorbike Unit
- Social crime Unit
- Taxi Unit
- TRT – Tactical Rapid Transport
- Diplomatic Unit
- Road Policing Unit
- Crime Prevention Unit
- Cable Theft Unit
- Employee Wellness Unit
- Ceremonial Unit
- Logistics Unit
- Drug Unit
- Fitness Unit
- Transgression Unit
How to Apply:
The process to follow after the positions are advertised is as follows:
- A complete CV — stating all the information of the candidate — must be handed in to the Tshwane recruitment officers, before the closing date of the advertisement.
- The Human Resources Division will handle the pre-selection of the candidates.
- A specific pre-selection process will be followed as indicated by the Department of Community Safety. All selection criteria for evaluations are determined by the HOD or his/her nominee.
- After completing the pre-selection process, candidates will undergo interviews and medical evaluation.
- After these processes, the top successful candidates will be appointed as student constables.
The Human Resource Management Section will advertise positions when available.