Rahima Moosa Campus is the largest and most comprehensive nursing college in South Africa. It is located in Johannesburg, Gauteng Province. The campus is named after Rahima Moosa, a South African anti-apartheid activist and the first black woman to be elected to the Johannesburg City Council.
First, let’s consider the programs and the requirements for registration at Rahima Moosa Campus.
Programs and Eligibility
Rahima Moosa Campus offers two relevant options for registered nurses seeking midwifery qualifications:
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY
This program is specifically designed for registered nurses who want to become midwives. It’s a full-time, one-year program with both theoretical and practical components.
BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE (MIDWIFERY)
This is a four-year degree program open to both registered nurses and non-nurses. However, for registered nurses, it can be completed in a shorter timeframe with advanced standing. This option provides a broader understanding of midwifery within the context of nursing.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR BOTH PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Being a registered nurse with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Meeting the minimum academic requirements, which may vary slightly depending on the program you choose.
- Having relevant work experience in nursing, preferably in areas like maternity or obstetrics.
Application Process at Rahima Moosa Campus
To apply for either program, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Rahima Moosa Campus website: https://www.gcon.ac.za/RMCPage01.php
- Go to the “Admissions” section and choose the appropriate program.
- Download the application form and complete it carefully.
- Gather the required supporting documents, such as your nursing registration certificate, academic transcripts, and CV.
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documents by the deadline.
NOTE: Application for 2024 are closed. Apply in the next application session.
- Start the application process early, as programs at Rahima Moosa Campus are competitive.
- Highlight your relevant work experience and qualifications in your application materials.
- Prepare for an interview if you are shortlisted.
Remember, pursuing midwifery is a rewarding career choice, and Rahima Moosa Campus is a reputable institution with a strong track record in midwifery education. We hope this information helps you on your journey!