Need your tax number? Register on eFiling.
RECENT SEARCHES: “forgot my SARS tax number, www.sars.gov.za tax number registration, SARS tax number via SMS number South African, www.sars.gov.za tax number registration form, SARS tax number confirmation letter download, SARS tax number via email, SARS efiling, how to get a sars tax number for the first time…”
Lost Yours or Simply Forgot What Your Tax Number Is?
If You Have Forgotten Your Tax Number You Can Request It from SARS in Various Ways:
- Send them a query. Please ensure your details match SARS records.
- You can get it on eFiling if you are registered as an eFiler. All you need to do is log on and check your number.
- You can also request your notice of registration via MobiApp if you are a registered eFiler.
- eFiling has been updated to allow taxpayers to request the Notice of Registration (IT150) under the ‘SARS Registered Details‘ menu option.
- At a SARS branch. Remember to make an appointment before you visit a branch.
How To Get SARS Tax Number Via SMS
A Notice of Registration (IT150) will reflect your tax reference number.
You can request a notice of registration through the following channels:
- eFiling: Once logged in to eFiling click on the “Notice of registration” icon on the ‘Home’ page to obtain your IT150.
- SMS: Request the issuing of the IT150 (Tax reference number) by sending an SMS to SARS on 47277.
- TRN (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
SARS will not provide your tax number to another person unless the person is your tax practitioner or has power of attorney to conduct your tax affairs.