Before Applying for Admission or picking a form at Sefako Makgatho Health Services University School of Nursing, there are certain requirements set up for aspiring candidates to take note of, therefore, We have taken time to outline the SMU University School of Nursing admission requirements for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as other members of the institute.
SMU School of Nursing Admission Requirements
Sefako Makgatho Health Services University School of Nursing admission requirements for 2022 applicants are available below and are divided into two (2) sessions, there are;
Applicants require the following minimum Admission Point Score (APS )
|Language of Learning
|2 Additional Subjects
B CUR (NQF level 8)
Bachelors Degree Nursing Science and Art 4 year programme (SANC Reg 425, 22 February 1985 as amended). Four academic years 40 weeks per year (160 weeks in total), Total notional hours 7430.
- NSB 09 Health Science and Social Services
- NSB 07 Human and social studies
- NSB 05 Education, Training and Development
- Life Sciences
- Rehabilitative services
- Information technology and computer science
- Preventive Health
- Promotive Health & Developmental Services
- Curative Health
Registration with the SA Nursing Council (SANC) and a Nursing Association. In terms of the Nursing Act, B Cur students must on Admission to the University, register with the SA Nursing Council before 31 March of the year of Admission and pay the prescribed registration fee re-register with the SANC following a break-in clinical practice and pay the prescribed re-registration fee register as junior members with the democratic Nursing Organisation of SA and pay the prescribed annual membership fee
- B Cur is a degree programme leading to registration by the SA Nursing Council as a Nurse (general, psychiatric, community) and midwife. The duration of the degree programme is four (4) years.
- Clinical practical in an approved hospital is a compulsory part of each year of study
- A clinical schedule, to which students must adhere, is compiled in co-operation with the approved institution and in accordance with the theory timetable, and Rule G3 applies
Entry requirements level 1 – 4: Learners who register for this qualification should have met
- the requirements for level1 – 4
- with a minimum of 72 credits,
- of which at least 52 credits shall be from the core and elective categories
Credits in fields of learning;
- 20 credits in field 4 communication studies and
- 16 credits in field 10 physics, mathematics, numeracy, and
- computer and life-science
NB: You must provide proof of having obtained a further Education and Training certificate
Selection requirements: (Only a limited number of applicants can be admitted to the degree programme. Students are selected on merit by a Selection Committee and notified by the Office of the Registrar
Applicants must be in possession of a Matriculation/Matriculation Exemption Certificate, produce proof of registration with the SA Nursing Council as a General Nurse and should have practised as a registered nurse for at least one (1) year.
The total score should comprise a sum of the rating of all subjects passed in the Matriculation examination e.g.
NB: The following will also be taken into consideration:
- A completed nursing college diploma course (+1)
- A completed post basic registration clinical or non-clinical course at a Technikon or college of nursing +1
- Completed degree program degree subject/s/course/s:
- 1 subject (+1)
- 2 different subjects (+2)
- 2 subjects of the same course (+2)
- Completed degree program (+3)
All pathway subjects will be registerable with the SA Nursing Council for additional qualification.
Foreign students will be admitted on the proviso that they meet the Admission and selection requirements of the university, and are prepared to pay the full tuition and residence fee at the rate provided for foreign students in the Fees Brochure. Foreign students must be registered with the SANC and meet all their requirements for further study in RSA.
A student may apply for exemption for modules/subjects that have been completed and passed at the University of Limpopo or at any other university provided that the original transcript (or a certified copy) of the modules/subjects passed is produced during the period of passing such modules/subjects does not exceed five.
An application is considered incomplete if the “Documents Required to be submitted with Application Form“ is not attached. Such application will not be considered for selection.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
We will always advise you to relate deep problems with the Sefako Makgatho Health Services University School of Nursing administrative, as the result, click and open the link below to get the official Sefako Makgatho Health Services University School of Nursing contact details.
Alternatively, you can drop your question(s) in our comment session below and We will strive to respond within 48hrs.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our website to get daily post notifications.
Please share to reach loved ones, #Staysafe!