University of Pretoria (UP) Fee Structure Saves as Fees Guide to help the student of the institution through the payment processes.
University of Pretoria School Fees
Fees include all the amounts that are payable in order for you to FLY@UP and graduate on time. It is important for undergraduate students to note that tuition fees differ between the faculties at UP.
Click here to view the tuition fees that are payable per faculty. For postgraduate students: as a returning student, your fees may look quite different from that of an undergraduate student.
Click here for more information on the fees you can expect to pay when doing your Master’s, Honours, Doctorate, and more. International students should note that the registration and tuition fees that apply to them are slightly different from that of local students. Read more about the differences and payable fees here.
University of Pretoria Payment Methods
- Hillcrest Campus is a cashless venue.
- The preferred payment method is EFT or direct bank deposits.
- Cashiers will be available at the Hillcrest Campus from 13 January 2020 until 31 January 2020 to accept card payments ONLY.
- For online credit card payments please click here.
- All South African students should pay at the bank 5 days before arrival.
- If international students pay from the bank in their home country it may take up to 7 working days for the payment to reflect in UP’s account. Please pay in advance.
- Always quote your student number (EMPLID) when making payments.
- Allow at least five working days for processing by your bank and retain the proof of payment (deposit slip).
- Do not email your deposit slip to UP, unless specifically requested to do so. Emailing the deposit slip to UP will NOT reduce processing time at the University and will NOT allow same day services, especially during registration.
- No payment arrangements can be made for the registration fee or residence reservation fee.
- Official UP Cashier payments will be activated on the same day.
- No cash payments for tuition fees will be allowed on the Hillcrest campus during registration (including initial payments).
- EFT payments will not be available on the same day. Not even cash deposits.
- For the ABSA online banking page, click here for help on setting up first-time online banking. Search with ‘UNI’ as beneficiary and choose the ‘students’ option. This will reflect UP’s bank account number 214 000 0054 when making a payment and will allow you to use your student number as a reference.
- Communication from Absa states that as of 1 May 2018, manually entered transactions on a point of sale device (card machine) will no longer be permitted i.e. payments will not be processed unless a card is presented for payment.
University of Pretoria Banking Details
South African Citizens
|Branch code: 632005
|Branch code: 011545
|Account number: 214 000 0054
|Account number: 012 602 604
|Swift code: ABSAZAJJ
|Swift code: SBZAZAJJ
|Reference: Student number
|UNIVERSITY BANK ACCOUNTS
|APPLICATION FEE FOR STUDY
|TUITION FEE PAYMENT
|University of Pretoria
|University of Pretoria
|2140 000 038
|2140 000 054
|Initials and surname
|8 digit Student number
University of Pretoria Financial Aid
Financial Aid Office (FAO) strives to render excellent, efficient, professional, and friendly service to students.