Before Applying for Admission or picking a form at the University of Stellenbosch School of Nursing, there are certain requirements set up for aspiring candidates to take note of, therefore, We have taken time to outline the University of Stellenbosch School of Nursing admission requirements for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as other members of the institute.
SU School of Nursing Admission Requirements
University of Stellenbosch School of Nursing admission requirements for 2022 applicants are available below and are divided into two (2) sessions, there are;
All applicants must meet the requirements of the programme they apply for;
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) school-leaving certificate as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor’s degree studies.
- A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
The minimum academic requirement for a bachelor’s degree is:
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans) and
- An achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects
- Only School of Tomorrow applicants has to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) if applying for a programme in AgriSciences.
Postgraduate Studies – English Language Proficiency Requirements
International candidates who have obtained their qualifications from tertiary institutions where English is not the language of instruction are required to provide proof of English Language proficiency.
This evidence must accompany your application and must not be older than 24 months from the date of application to the University.
If you are unable to provide proof of your English Language proficiency upon application, feel free to contact our Language Centre for assistance in booking an English Language proficiency test. More information is available here.
The minimum English language requirements and recognised language tests for admission to Stellenbosch University’s postgraduate degree programmes are as follows:
|English Language Requirements
|Minimum English Language Requirements
(minimum of 6 on all bands)
|76 – 84
What Are the Minimum Academic Requirements for A Bachelor’s Degree?
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans), and
- an achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects.
How do you calculate your National Senior Certificate average?
Highest score in Language of Learning and Teaching (Eng or Afr) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life Orientation, Advanced Mathematics, Mathematics 3 and any other non-NSC subjects). The total is then divided by 6.
How Do We Assess International Qualifications?
- Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow.
- Click here for the minimum requirements for international curriculums. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Also, meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties
Meeting the University’s requirements an applicant who holds an NCV will be interviewed by the Dean, Assistant Dean and relevant Head of School.
An application is considered incomplete if the “Documents Required to be submitted with Application Form“ is not attached. Such application will not be considered for selection.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
We will always advise you to relate deep problems with the University of Stellenbosch School of Nursing administrative, as the result, click and open the link below to get the official University of Stellenbosch School of Nursing contact details.
Alternatively, you can drop your question(s) in our comment session below and We will strive to respond within 48hrs.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our website to get daily post notifications.
Please share to reach loved ones, #Staysafe!